Monday, May 23, 2011

Deadly Tornado Hits Joplin, MO


What's left of Guilty By Design's shop

A horrific tornado hit earlier today (Sunday) in Joplin, MO, causing major destruction killing as many as 25 people (reports not final yet) and leaving many injured. Some of you may know Joplin as the home of the infamous S.O.L. truck show, Kyle Dimetroff's shop Guilty By Design, and Andrew Pavlovic with No Law The Video. Fortunately, Kyle and Andrew have already stated via Facebook that they were not harmed. Kyle's shop on the other hand was not so lucky. As you can see from the photo above, not much is left. Vehicles can be replaced but not friends. I was glad to hear the few people I know up there were fine physically. I hope the same goes for everyone else's friend and family there.

What I love about the mini truck community is the willingness to help others in time of need. Even if you only see the person a couple times a year or just talk to them over the internet, many will be there to help you. I have already witnessed numerous people on the internet alone speaking out and wanting to give a lending hand due to this tornado. Times like this makes me proud to be a part of this scene.

My hopes and condolences go out to those affected by the devastation. If you have any friends or family there and cannot reach them on their phone, I've read that texting still works.

For those wanting to make a donation, you can text REDCROSS to 90999 which will donate $10 to the Joplin tornado relief.

Keep on truckin'

1 comment: