Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Camp N Drag 2011



I know I've been kinda slacking on updating this thing, but I've been busy doing yada yada and doing blah blah blah! I'm trying to get back into blog mode and share more within what I do as well as the truck community. First up is a little coverage from Camp N Drag which was held July 15-17 in Waveland, Indiana.



Made the 12 hour drive with Blaine Hawkins from Severed Ties Oklahoma and the SoLo Films crew


First off let me say this, if you didn't make it to this show then you need to make it a priority to go next year! This being my first year attending the show was one of the hands down best shows I've been to. Everything about it was just awesome and I had no complaints. The location was in a camping area by Lake Waveland which was also spacious with green grass and nice paved roads. The weather was pretty hot but I've been to shows where it was hotter. There were an abundance of nice rides, plenty of which I had not seen before (or just not in person) being 12 hours northeast. There were quite a few Canadians that made the trip as well.



Rum Runner was there cruising around all weekend, even giving Mr Mini Truckin' John Mata a spin


When we rolled in Friday, most people were pretty spread out setting up or just hanging out. Saturday and sunday during the show, they had all the rides who registered move into the main area of the park which was also where the vendors, food, and music was. This made it nice when walking the show so you didn't have to walk around the entire park to see the registered rides. Along with the show going on most of the day, they also had a truck limbo contest, bikini constest, live dj, and raffles.

Overall it was an awesome show with nice rides, good location and weather for a show, cool people, and a fun Friday & Saturday night! I will be sure to go back next year and encourage everyone to make the trip out there, you won't be disappointed...and if you were, you don't know how to have a good time.

Click here to check out my photo coverage of the show!



Had a trailer flat on the way back but luckily no real damage


Snapped a pic of the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, Missouri on the way home

No comments:

Post a Comment