Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Slamily Reunion 2011



Another successful, and hot like usual, year for Slamily Reunion which was held August 5-7 in Fort Smith, Arkansas. Just like the first two years, the guys who run Slamily did nothing short than put together another quality show. Yes it was just as hot as last year which people complained about, but it didn't stop too many people from having a good time. Luckily the building on the show grounds was open for people to cool down from the heat.



Best of Show and $1,000 cash winner


One of my favorite rides there I had not seen before


I've always liked going to this show, granted it's one of the closer shows to me being 3 and a half hours away. The SoLo Films crew and myself drove out there Friday afternoon and just hung out at the hotel that night...but morning time sure came quick! Most of the day Saturday I hung out at the booth and took a couple rounds checking out the rides taking pics. This year sure seemed to have a lot of entries compared to the previous two years. Throughout the day there was a live dj and contests such as lowest/highest truck, hot wing eating contest, sweet tea chug, best tattoo, kid's rootbeer chug, and kid's coloring contest.



Classic Chevy with a mean hot rod style


Was glad to finally see this sweet Tacoma in person


Later on in the evening I helped with a double feature for SoLo Films' next DVD. We shot Dave Couch's blue Chevy Dually and his wife's new Silverado. It was my first time meeting them and let me tell you what, Mr White Trash Customs and his whole family/entourage were awesome people. After that we had a nice big dinner then headed to the Candlewood hotel where most of the show-goers were at and hung out there for a bit.



White Trash Customs' double feature shoot for SoLo Films DVD


Come Sunday it was a little cooler than the previous day which made it nicer. This was when I did most of my filming. Like usual, the last day of a show is pretty laid back as people are starting to pack up and head back home. We didn't end up staying for the awards but I heard this year's one off trophies were awesome.

Click here
to check out more of my photo coverage!



No comments:

Post a Comment