Monday, August 29, 2011

Priorities?

Priorities plural of pri·or·i·ty (Noun)
1. A thing that is regarded as more important than another.
2. The fact or condition of being regarded or treated as more important.


Having a nice looking ride is cool and all, but I've seen too many people in the scene with messed up priorities. Maybe they've been watching Cambered Videos lately, but I don't think they're to blame...I kid I kid. Joking aside, it makes me scratch my head when I see people dumping all their money into their truck or other hobby while they live in a craphole apartment with their baby mama and 3 kids eating top ramen every night. How do you expect to move on in life if you're working a dead end job spending your money on toys? Why not use that money for something more substantial? Some people need to grow up and realize building a custom truck isn't for everyone whether you like it or not.

I can already say I've "been there done that" at the age of 20. I had a bagged Chevy fullsize that I was driving to school every day with not a whole lot of money coming in. Any cash I had was going into that money pit. After having to use up all my bail bonds I had gotten growing up to get my whole backhalf redone to ensure the safety of myself and those on the road, I wised up and got rid of it. What did I get after? A solid, less modified truck that was reliable. Sure it's not that awesome and I don't get random thumbs up from people on the road, but it sure beats not being broke all the time. Now I'm more stress-free when it comes to my truck and one less worry. Once my financial situation allows me to play more, you bet damn sure I'll build another bagged truck. In the meantime, it's not quite in the cards. I have a life to live and goals to meet outside of a toy. I'm sure most of you do too...


No comments:

Post a Comment